Partnering to improve quality of life as a nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health and wellness
Responsible, at the direction of the Corporate Compliance Officer, for managing the implementation and daily operations of the Compliance Program which supports Mental Health Partners’ (“MHP”) commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver training to employees, volunteers, interns, contractors and others on MHP’s compliance program, policies, and other issues as identified
• Implementation and management of MHP’s compliance auditing plan
• Conduct compliance investigations under direction of CCO and corporate counsel
• Review current and proposed MHP programs, activities, partnerships, services, relationships, etc. to identify and mitigate compliance risks including, but not limited to, HIPAA and Anti-Kickback Statute
• Collaborate with other functional areas to modify processes to address identified risk in Accounts Receivable, Information Systems, Clinical, and Practice Management departments.
• Proactively work with other MHP teams/partners to address compliance issues during the initial stages of program development
• Monitor, track, and report all new and ongoing MHP compliance activities
• Manage all MHP compliance initiatives
• Manages day-to-day operation of the program
• Respond to and track all calls from the MHP Compliance Hotline
• Serve as a resource to ensure that compliance issues and concerns are appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved
• Review contracts for compliance and privacy related issues and concerns
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree
• At least 6 years experience in healthcare compliance, at least two of which must include HIPAA privacy experience.
• Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or similar certification preferred.
• Significant experience with Business Associates Agreements preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of healthcare policies, procedures, laws and regulations as well as compliance and ethics program standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate professionalism, political astuteness, diplomacy, and the ability to work collaboratively with others, including government officials, outside agencies, and MHP partners.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to identify a problem, determine the root cause, communicate findings, and participate in the development of the solution.
• Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to think critically, creatively, and analytically.
• Strong knowledge of patient privacy regulations and familiarity with contracting.
• Must be able to operationalize compliance and ethics related concepts and laws and regulations in practical situations in an efficient and effective manner.
• Must have the ability to design, plan, prioritize, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted time.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with persons of varied backgrounds, education levels, and cognitive abilities. Must be able to communicate thoughts, ideas, information, and messages with clear language, style, organization, and format appropriate to the subject matter, purpose, and audience. Must be an active listener.
• Must be able to write clear, detailed reports of findings and recommendations.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Ability to use independent judgment and decision making.
• Must be capable of managing difficult conversations with sensitivity. Must have the ability to respond to sensitive information discreetly and maintain confidentiality.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity in all interactions and have sound professional judgment.
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. An understanding of, and experience in working with Access is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
MHP APPLICATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED