Partnering to improve quality of life as a nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health and wellness
(Requsito Bi-Lingue En Espanol - Bi-Lingual Spanish Language Required)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide brief client centered solution focused treatment in a Community Service Center as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. The treatment is provided on an ‘as needed basis’ with limited scheduled appointments and extensive consultation with the community center team as well as psycho-education and therapy groups. Presenting issues may be related to mental health concerns and or problems related to self-sufficiency, and/or housing. This position is part of a newly developed model and key to the job is the ability to think creatively and flexibly, work in a fast-paced environment, monitor the quality of behavioral health services, and remain adaptable to change. The principle aim of the project is to create a system where comprehensive behavioral health care is provided in such a way that the right service is matched to the right need in an environment where the integration between community center services and behavioral health care is seamless.
Bi-lingual Skills Required (Spanish/English)
Behavioral Counselor I:
• Masters in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field plus 1 to 2 year internship and 0-1 year prior experience in a clinical setting.
• Licensed PhD or PsyD, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), preferred. If not licensed, must be license-eligible and actively working toward attainment of required hours/supervision to obtain license in a reasonable timeframe following hire.
Behavioral Counselor II:
• Masters in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field plus 1 to 2 year internship and 3-7 years prior experience in a clinical setting Or Related PhD plus zero to three years prior experience in a clinical setting.
• Licensed PhD or PsyD, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with providing behavioral health services to a wide spectrum of ages and life stages
• Experience providing behavioral services in a community based setting serving an at-risk and/or underserved population, preferred.
• Experience in a medical setting and with substance abuse treatment is helpful.
• Key to the job is the ability to think creatively and flexibly, work in a fast-paced environment, monitor the quality of behavioral health services, and be adaptable to change.
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage difficult and emotional situations.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
• Highly self-motivated and works well in a team setting.
• Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and email.
• Demonstrates an understanding how cultural issues effect treatment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
A MHP APPLICATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO HIRE
SCHEDULED TO WORK 24 HOURS/WEEK - BENEFITS ELIGIBLE