Partnering to improve quality of life as a nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health and wellness
In partnership with clients, their families and support networks, the RCC will provide assessment, planning, linkage, coaching, monitoring, supportive counseling, and advocacy services. The RCC works closely with teammates in interchangeable roles in order to provide seamless continuity of care for clients when necessary. Provides a significant amount of home and community based services, encompassing Longmont, Boulder and Broomfield, Colorado.
Treatment Planning/Goal Setting
? Helps a client identify treatment goals, negotiates those client-identified goals with documentation and agency requirements, and monitors clients’ progress toward reaching those goals.
? Coordinates and links clients to services that support goal achievement.
? Provides appropriate advocacy to help clients access and utilize identified services.
? Communicates client-identified goals to treatment team and relevant providers.
? Assists clients in identifying housing opportunities, as requested by the client, and provides necessary support to build life skills, especially in the areas of:
o Transitioning from homelessness
o Roommate/landlord relations
o Housing retention
o Education regarding renting practices, subsidies, etc.
? Helps connect clients to appropriate housing resources.
? Helps clients build social skills that will further their identified goals.
? Helps clients identify and link to supports within and outside of the MHP to support goal achievement with emphasis on wellness, education and employment.
? Assists clients to identify and develop healthy and adaptive values.
Ongoing Assessment and Monitoring
? Continually re-evaluates client-identified treatment goals, providing meaningful acknowledgment of milestones on the client’s path to independence, and identifying next steps for clients including step for graduation from program
Individual and Team Administrative Responsibilities
• Maintains thorough, accurate and timely documentation for clients directly assigned and shares appropriate information with RCC teammates to insure continuity and seamless client support.
• Actively participates in regular team meetings and other information-sharing methods.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in human services field, plus one year relevant experience required.
• Administrative office experience and experience in mental health care or pharmacy preferred.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) required, Bi-cultural preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office/particularly MS Word and Excel and Email.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and problem solving skills.
• Interest in issues related to mental illness and in issues related to substance abuse.
• Must have safe driving record and a current Colorado driver’s license.
• Knowledge of community resources preferred.
• Knowledge of transportation resources preferred.
• Skills to assist with client transitions.
• Certified Addiction Counseling (CAC) preferred.
A MHP APPLICATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE REQUIED PRIOR TO HIRE